Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The ghostly voice


The only sound I see in the silence of the night is the cricket.I have always been wanting to see the insect in its physical existence just to make sure it is not a ghost.I have never been able to do so.Tireless and not pausing even for a second,the ghostly voice (sounds spooky on lonely nights) goes on and on and I do not even realize it when it stops for a while in between.

Just now ,as I am typing this I hear not one but two sounds -the bigger and more strident one from the nearby back garden and the second one probably from a distance in the front lawn which appears slightly in baritone. As the dawn breaks where does it disappear ? Apparently it does not .It continues to make the racket through the morning .Only you do not get to hear it as the sound level in the city goes up with people getting up from bed and going about their daily activities.

No comments:

Followers